The plan to reopen the Massachusetts economy has been published on the Mass.gov website and includes information applicable to the trucking industry. Although this information is current as of publication, future adjustments are certainly possible. As usual, TAM will continue to keep you up-to-date, but we encourage you to monitor the Reopening Massachusetts website for updates.
Currently, employers and employees in the our industry operating under the original Executive Order from March 23 have until May 25 to comply with sector-specific protocols if applicable.
Reopening will be completed in a Four-Phase Approach. Phase 1 started May 18 as a staggered-start, and continues through June 1. Following phase dates will be determined as appropriate, with the understanding the state may roll back to previous phases based on public health data. A complete overview of the Four-Phase Approach has been posted.
General Business Guidance
The process requires businesses to comply with mandatory safety standards. The general guidance section of the website includes the following templates to help your company self-certify.
- COVID-19 control plan template – Template that satisfies the written control plan requirement for self-certification
- Compliance attestation poster – Poster that customer facing businesses are required to print, sign, and post in an area within the business premises that is visible to workers and visitors
- Employer and Worker posters – Posters that businesses can print and display within the business premises to describe the rules for maintaining social distancing, hygiene protocols, and cleaning and disinfecting
Sector Specific Protocols
The reopening website also includes sector-specific protocols and best practices for for sectors eligible to open in Phase 1. There are multiple sectors that may be appropriate for trucking industry owners, managers and employees to review. This includes Safety Standards for Office Spaces. The materials provide useful guidance for trucking companies who have “office specific” locations. Materials include:
- Sector Specific Workplace Safety Standards For Office Spaces To Address COVID-19
- Office Spaces Protocol Summary
- Office Spaces Checklist
There are also sector-specific protocol sections for the following areas that may be applicable to your business: