Updated Feb. 9 at 2 p.m. ET
While we were initially told Massachusetts truck drivers were included in Phase 2, Group 3, we have been informed this is not the case. At this time, truck drivers do not have any favorable status. The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has also informed us they will not be reviewing requests from any groups concerning vaccine availability until at least until April.
TAM will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as they become available.
The original post from Feb. 1 is below.
[Original post starts here.] The Massachusetts Department of Public Health confirms Truck Drivers in Massachusetts will be in Phase 2, Group 3, Transit. They advise to monitor, When can I get the COVID-19 Vaccine? | Mass.gov webpage, for the latest information on the state’s COVID-19 vaccination plan. At this time, the Department of Public Health is not scheduling appointments directly.
Phase 2 will launch Feb. 1.
- First group is now 75 and older
- Second group is now 65+ or individuals of any age with two co-morbidities as outlined by the CDC. Please remember it is only the diagnosis that puts an individual “at increased risk” grouping, not the “may put at risk” grouping on the CDC website – Certain Medical Conditions and Risk for Severe COVID-19 Illness | CDC. Start date for this group is TBD and based on availability of vaccines.
- The rest of the phases remains as two additional groups
- Early education and K-12 workers, transit, utility, food and agriculture, sanitation, public works, and public health workers,
- Individuals with one comorbidity.
Additional information will be forthcoming regarding groups within this phase, timing, vaccination access and clinics. Groups are placed sequentially within each Phase. You will also be able to check with your primary care provider or local pharmacy. Your primary care provider and local pharmacy may also have additional information at that time.
Phase 3, once the vaccine is available to the public, which is projected to be in April, vaccine clinics will be available on the CDC’s interactive website: vaccinefinder.org.
Please monitor COVID-19 Vaccine in Massachusetts | Mass.gov for updates to the COVID-19 Vaccine Plan.