The University of Massachusetts Traffic Safety Research Program (UMassSafe), with support from the FMCSA, will be hosting the Commercial Vehicle Safety Summit – Best Practices for Industry & Law Enforcement Partnerships on November 19-20, 2019 in Northampton, Massachusetts. The summit will feature demonstrations of innovative programming and technologies for reducing roadway crashes, while also providing a venue for the exchange of ideas and resources between safety stakeholders and industry.
TAM will be represented at the event but if you are interested in attending as well please act quickly as space is limited.
The current speaker lineup is as follows:
Plenary Session – Roundtable Discussion: Emerging Trends, Issues and Challenges in Commercial Vehicle Safety
- FMCSA – Keynote speaker – Administrator or Deputy Administrator
- American Transportation Research Institute (ATRI)– Rebecca Brewster, President and Chief Operating Officer
- American Bus Association (ABA) – Brandon Buchanan, Director of Regulatory Affairs
- American Trucking Association (ATA) – Dan Horvath, Vice President, Safety Policy, American Trucking Association
- State Law Enforcement – Lt. Fitzgerald, Commander MA State Police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Section
A complete summit agenda is available online.